Are you a planner, a doer, with a bit of creative side? Instead of seeing challenges, do you see opportunities? Are you looking for hands-on experience to showcase your creative side?
Good new! Always Creating Studio is recruiting for several unpaid internship positions to contribute to blogging, design and social media management, operations. We are based in Sterling, Virginia. Those looking to gain valuable online media experience in creative, lifestyle and fashion are encouraged to apply.
Candidates must commit to approximately 15-20 hours per week in our Sterling office, ideally spread out over three or four days. The position lasts three months after which time there may be an opportunity for renewal.
You’ll learn all the ins-and-outs of running a creative fashion and lifestyle content for digital media, get to learn more about how to turn your passion into a job in digital media, likely get invited to some fun local events, and more. Participate in editorial planning, pulling for fashion and editorial styled photo shoots. A fun and engaging work environment.
Apply today, start in May!
Editorial and Creative Lifestyle Editorial Intern
We are looking for a creative editorial intern to join our busy creative team. The ideal applicant will possess strong knowledge of the blogging and creative lifestyle landscape, including various social media sites. The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to brand partnership projects, monitoring and posting on blogs and social networks, engaging in online forums, participating in online outreach and promotion, optimizing our websites and conducting keyword analysis.
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor client reviews
- Communicate with brand reps, marketing firms looking to partner with Always Creating, Inc. and Always Creating Blog, a fashion, lifestyle, and travel blog.
- Develop content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis for company brands
- Monitor analytics with social media team to identify viable ideas
- Create engaging blog and social media content
- Manage social media presence ensuring high levels of web traffic and customer/follower engagement
- Manage editorial and planning calendars for both fashion and creative brands; interact with brand followers and clients
- Associate or bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field
- 1+ years’ experience in social media/marketing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- In-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and Google+
- Experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics, Instagram and Facebook Insights
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Lightroom and photo editing tools
- Flexible, self-starting attitude; outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to balance multiple projects at once and to prioritize
- Excellent time management skills (works well on a deadline)
- Must be creative with a keen eye for color, composition and design
- Strong time and project management skills
- Passionate about all things social media
- Strong knowledge of the brand marketing
- Preferably marketing or journalism major, but not required
- Must be familiar with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat
- Graphic design experience a plus
- Some travel necessary
Operations Assistant Internship
We are looking for a creative Operations Assistant to provide administrative and operations support for the planning and execution of event planning and marketing.
Ideal candidate must be reliable, hardworking and able to multi-task; majority of the responsibilities will be administrative with some marketing related projects.
- Assist with day to day operations, inventory management, shipping, and receiving
- Support the coordination of events and programming logistics such space reservations, space setup, ordering promotional items, greeting of clients, ordering event food and beverages, etc.
- Facilitate internal communication (e.g. distribute information, schedule presentations and client meetings)
- Regularly update events calendar
- Update spreadsheets, databases and inventories with statistical, financial and non-financial information.
- Communicate directly with clients and encourage trusting relationships
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across organizational boundaries, and with multiple business partners
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required
- Able to multi-task and problem solve issues, as necessary
- Minimum of three years experience is preferred
- Associates degree; Bachelor’s degree is highly preferred
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- The ideal candidate will be a results-oriented, self-motivated individual with the demonstrated ability to prioritize, juggle multiple assignments and function as part of a cohesive team.
- Must have strong communication and presentation skills, with an attention to detail and highly organized.
- Creative and willing to think outside the box. Experience with Adobe InDesign, PhotoShop, etc., a huge plus
Always Creating Studio is an independent woman-owned business dedicated to providing creative and editorial styling services for weddings and events, brands, businesses, and creative. With each event, we bring our clients’ visions, large or small, to life.
Send a cover letter, resume and three nonfiction writing samples or excerpts (preferably journalistic articles) of no more than 500 words. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org application documents in word or PDF with the subject line “Summer Editorial Fashion/Lifestyle Internship” or “Summer Operations Assistant internship” by May 1 to be considered.